Hi hi y’all,
I was sitting at my computer and was dying in the agony of having nothing to watch when the odd suggestion of Blood Ties came across my screening. I’m not going to lie, after binging the two seasons I have many comments. Is this a 90s show? It feels SUPER 90s. Why is the tension between Henry and Vicki written so awkwardly but still makes me rage about them not having SEX yet! Henry was objectively (even with awkward lines and plots) very yummy. Also why is your relationship with Mike so awkward? Will his new female partner learn the truth and handle it without trying to kill Henry like he did? Or Vicki? Why does Coreen have such awful taste and horrible luck with men? Again, I’d take a Henry.
But, it is more important to push these aside for a moment and remember that when it comes to me and dead/dying shows I immediately wonder about remakes. If I was to resurrect Blood Ties then what should be done?
Here is my rough remake version for 2019 peeps:
(1) Change Vicki to be a uni student that has a dead family member who was a cop. Have her going blind become a more prominent point in the series since TV has started to FINALLY get a bit better about showcasing that.
(2) Make Mike be an older childhood friend who is already a well known or great young cop.
(3) Coreen should be younger and less super goth looking. This isn’t 90s cliche moments.
(4) Keeping Henry as he was is fine just give him better lines.
(5) Just in general be better about plot. The monsters and flow got a bit… WEIRD towards the end.
BUT NONE OF THIS MATTERS SINCE I JUST REMEMBERED IT’S BASED OFF A BOOK. Oh well~
Moving on, I also recently saw Shazam. It was good. The flaws were covered up by the fact that having a good DC movie in awhile was a shock, having an actor who played a child well instead of being weird, a well assembled support cast and the hint of the SHAZAM FAMILY AT THE END!
That also got me thinking… I need to be better about my writings (time was, commitment wise and aspiration wise).
One day I don’t want to just see my books on shelves, but TV shows I’ve made or movies I’ve helped write. I want to stand as a creator that excels in their craft.
Soooooo….Basically….I guess I’m saying… I’m back?
P.s. buy my web novel (https://www.amazon.com/Tale-Shadow-Light-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B07L5F6DXZ) please?